Socioeconomic reparation in the context of the Rio Doce environmental disaster - MG/ES
We supported the construction and approval of the “Social and Compensation Policies” to accelerate the socioeconomic reparation of those affected and the resumption of sustainable development in the region impacted by the collapse of the Fundão Dam in Mariana, MG. We worked together with specialists aiming at strategic management advice and operational support in compensation activities, financial assistance, integrated registration and impact curatorship.
What we did
- We assisted in crisis management;
- We contributed to the creation of an integrated plan to serve the population, with solutions aimed at meeting specific needs according to the territorial impacts suffered by the river;
- We analyzed the context of the impact and dynamics of the productive activities of those affected, especially fishermen, farmers, indigenous people, quilombolas, traders, among others to be compensated;
- We facilitated the construction of methodologies and the planning of the application of rules and criteria for the operationalization of compensation actions;
- We supported the development of the conceptual design of the process of monitoring reparations, implementing systemic solutions that met the Registration and Compensation Program for those affected.
What were our outcomes
- We supported the creation of the Integrated Management Room for the review, detailing and strategic implementation of the compensation solutions processes;
- We contributed to the optimization of the compensation process for the affected population;
- We provided support in implementing the resumption of production activities.
Who did we work with
- The people affected by the collapse of the Fundão dam in the states of Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo;
- Renova Foundation technical team and executives.